Friday, October 05, 2012

Doll Clothes

Bucket hat
 
Oh, dear, I am making doll clothes. They are not for me - wow, that would be bad. A friend from work has a 10 year old daughter who has several American Girl dolls. She let me borrow one to use as a model and I've been making clothes for her.

Sundress and skates

This is an Oliver and S pattern sized for 18" dolls. It also comes in sizes 2-8 for real girls. The link is here.


This little cutie is called the Katie Dress. I found the tutorial on a blog called Sew Like My Mom. 

The bucket hat up top and the rest of the clothes below were all made from a book I bought when I went to Portland a couple of weeks ago. There are a lot of patterns available online and in the stores and it seems pretty easy to make up your own, once you have a feel for the sizing and some of the techniques for working at this scale.

Shorts and top

A recycled linen blouse
This last outfit was the most fun to create. I used an old scrub jacket from the back of the closet to make her pants and to cut some bias trim for the top. These are the approved colors worn by the nursing staff at our clinic so she is dressed just like most of the women I work with! Adorable!





No comments: